As you know, SEO is a critical component of any inbound marketing strategy. And over the past few years, there have been several changes in the strategies used for improving SEO effectiveness. That’s because search engines are getting smarter, and the days of simply packing headlines with keywords are over. So, marketers must put the necessary time and effort into learning the new rules for search engine optimization in order to appropriately leverage content investments.
It should be noted that it isn’t a bad thing for a site to be optimized for organic search. But many SEO professionals that previously limited their expertise to backlinking and ranking found their methods had become obsolete. Instead, modern SEO has a greater focus on user intent, mobile-friendliness, perceived value, and readability- just to name a few. The most important tip, however, is to focus on your audience. Search engine optimization is about delivering what people want to see, rather than just promoting what marketers want people to see.
Today’s infographic, created by Digital Marketing Philippines, features 7 key elements of SEO in 2016. If you’re a digital marketer and want to improve your SEO strategy, read on.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Mobile-friendliness positively impacts SEO by 88%.
- There is a 43% increase year-over-year on the total number of searches made via mobile device.
- Be sure to design and produce content that is voice searchable.
- Focus on more natural language when doing keyword research.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- How has your SEO strategy changed over the years in relation to the points mentioned?
- What tip did you find most important/useful?
- Would you add anything to this infographic?