This week’s employee spotlight is on our Data Operations Manager, Andy Frye.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
Project Manager on the Data Operations team… 5+ years.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
The company culture at HIPB2B is great. It’s the perfect size company. Small enough to see and feel the impact each one of us makes. Large enough to allow for flexibility and experimenting with new opportunities.
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
How to write/modify SQL scripts.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
Being at a baseball field.
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
All the people that would be walking around my neighborhood every day. With everything slowed down and back to basics, neighbors were out and about bonding with each other way more than prior times.
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
Going to comedy shows, casinos, etc. without dwelling on the risks.
7. TOP 5 DESERT ISLAND BOOKS/MOVIES/TV SHOWS/PODCASTS ETC.
Movie – The Departed
TV Shows – The Shield, The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy
Podcast – The Bill Simmons Podcast
8. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I am incapable of sleeping more than 6 hours a night.
9. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
Renovating my house without knowing anything about how to.
10. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
Ping pong… rarely defeated.
11. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Paint like Bob Ross.
12. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
PC and iPhone.
13. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
Building a laundry room in my basement.
14. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Golf at Pebble Beach.
15. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Land to build a baseball complex.
Bonus: What gif do you (over)use the most?