Cate Miller, Data Verification Supervisor
This week’s employee spotlight is on our Data Verification Supervisor, Cate Miller.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
Data Verification Supervisor, but I’ve had various roles in the company since its inception 12 years ago!
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
Close-knit coworkers, open and collaborative environment, everyone is super chill – and obviously the office mascot and VP of Treats, Willie!
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
Adaptability, time-management, and a TON of fun Excel stuff.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
I like yoga, exploring trails with my rescue pup, and reading as much as possible.
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
In October 2020 I took a solo drive out to Western NY to see a couple of huge waterfalls (Chittenango and Salmon River) and to check out the leaves at their peak coloring, it was beautiful!
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
Concerts! And traveling a bit more freely – or at least with less anxiety.
7. TOP 5 DESERT ISLAND BOOKS/MOVIES/TV SHOWS/PODCASTS ETC.
Casefile (pod), No Exit (book), Breaking Bad (show), The Godfather (movie).
8. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I’ve never seen Hocus Pocus and people get really worked up about that every Halloween.
9. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
Probably buying my house a couple of years ago!
10. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
I think I’m pretty decent at impersonations and accents.
11. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Fluency in another language.
12. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
Mac and iPhone.
13. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
Personally: Repainting the exterior of my house!
Professionally: Mastering the HIP database.
14. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
15. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Pay off the debts of everyone I love, then buy some wide-open land and adopt a ton of shelter dogs.
Bonus: Would you rather have finger-length toes or toe-length fingers?