Dan Leifer, Senior Operations Manager
This week’s employee spotlight is on our Senior Operations Manager, Dan Leifer.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
I’m a Campaign Operations Manager. I’ve been with HIPB2B for three years.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
Definitely the people. From the Operations team to the rest of the company, we have a great mix of employees who work well together.
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
I’ve learned a bit of SQL programming (nerd alert!)
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
Crossword puzzles, skiing, the occasional pickling project, and running (when my aging knees allow me to.)
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
Getting dressed up and having a “party” at home with my wife, Sheila. It was just the two of us, but we had a blast!
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
I’m looking forward to being able to travel to more places.
7. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
We’ve never met, but Art Garfunkel is a distant cousin of mine.
8. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
Though I’m no longer a practicing actuary, I’m a former Associate of the Society of Actuaries, and I passed all exams needed for fellowship-level membership.
9. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
I can play a mean game of Galaga.
10. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Being fluent in another language.
11. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
I’m a PC/Android user, though I’m considering joining the Dark Side at some point.
12. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
I started making my own pizza dough during the pandemic. It’s definitely a work in progress.
13. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
I’ve never been skydiving, but it’ll happen someday.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
A good bottle of champagne to celebrate!