Erinn St. Croix, Senior Operations Manager
This week’s employee spotlight is on our Senior Operations Manager, Erinn St. Croix.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
Senior Operations Manager – been with HIPB2B for 5+ years.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
My favorite thing about working at HIPB2B is the teamwork that goes into the day-to-day. It’s a very relaxed environment and everyone gets along really well. There is constant communication and as one of our remote employees, that is KEY!
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
I’ve learned that not everything goes according to plan but with the right people you can make ANYTHING work. Even in our stressful, the world is falling apart days, we all seem to be able to keep a positive attitude and cool head and just keep things moving. I was surprised at how versatile a smaller company could become and how willing everyone was to transfer knowledge.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
I enjoy spending time with my 4-year-old son, my family, and of course my pup! During Covid, staying active any way I can and enjoying extra time outdoors watching the amazing NY seasons change.
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
There isn’t one time that stands out – rather just something valuable. Things slowed way down for me. I got to spend extra time with my family and eating every meal at home with my son, we got to bake cookies together and not rush through bedtime routines. I was able to be more present and slow down.
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
LIVE SPORTS EVENTS!
7. TOP 5 DESERT ISLAND BOOKS/MOVIES/TV SHOWS/PODCASTS ETC.
TV Shows for sure! I am all over the place with my choices – but that’s me!
- Criminal Minds
- The Office
- Breaking Bad
- How I Met Your Mother
8. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I hate going to Disney! The shows and the fireworks are magical but the line waiting and rushing from place to place – I could do without. I know I am in the rare with this one!
9. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
I pride myself on being a good cook. My mom made every meal from scratch growing up and I used to help her out in the kitchen for holidays. Her Thanksgiving dinner was highly rated and that is something my sister and I have perfected over the years.
10. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
Puzzle master. I love completing puzzles – my grandfather, sister, and myself all used to race to complete cross words and I guess that stuck with me!
11. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Photography. I have always loved looking at photos and admired how someone can capture something. That is one class I wish I had taken – even just more knowledge of cameras these days – so many options it can be overwhelming!
12. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
PC and iPhone for life!
13. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
We are currently remodeling our kitchen and it is a construction zone in our house for the next month. Hoping to survive that! You would be surprised how many times the dust can settle in one area after you clean it!
14. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Wine tours through beautiful vineyards and a helicopter ride over a scenic area! Sounds amazing – need to make that a priority!
15. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Plane tickets! I would take my son on a vacation to a beach resort! Make sure he saw a sunrise and a sunset on the beach. Most peaceful place in the world.
Bonus: Where is your ideal vacation spot?
An oceanfront rental in the Outer Banks. Amazing local food, walking distance the beach and open jeep ride with wild horses!