Rose Swider, Data Verification Analyst
This week’s employee spotlight is on one of our Data Verification Analysts, Rose Swider.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
Data Verification Analyst, about 4 months.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
First and foremost, the people are awesome! I do also really appreciate the flexibility it offers to be able to work remotely.
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
I’ve learned a lot of things so far. Not the least of which has been the opportunity to really hone my spreadsheet skills.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
When I’m not working I like to spend time with my family doing pretty much anything outside. We like to hike, fish, and grow food.
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
It was a pretty rough year for my family. On top of the pandemic, we had family members and pets pass away. I’d say the best thing about it was building the confidence that we will be able to make it through anything together.
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
I am most looking forward to having my kids go back to school full time and see them be able to return to something of a normal routine.
7. TOP 5 DESERT ISLAND BOOKS/MOVIES/TV SHOWS/PODCASTS ETC.
I would have to be incredibly practical here and take some plant identification books as well as books on how to find water and build shelter in the desert. I’m not a big TV watcher or podcast listener. But I do love books. My favorite books are ones that teach me something useful. But I’ll read just about anything.
8. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I love to sing.
9. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
Buying a house.
10. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
11. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Speak other languages.
12. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
13. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
My main project right now is working on my little hobby farm. I’ve now got chickens and ducks as well as bees. Also some fruit trees and bushes and a small vegetable plot. Fall is closing in and I’m thinking about all the upcoming tasks to prepare for winter and next spring.
14. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Hiking the Appalachian Trail in its entirety.
15. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
I’d probably take a really nice vacation somewhere tropical. Then I’d buy a few hundred acres somewhere in the Northeast and disappear into the woods.
Bonus: Is your glass half empty or half full?
That depends on what’s in it.