1. What’s your role and how long have you been with HIPB2B?
I’ve worked as the Digital Marketing Manager at HIPB2B and my primary responsibility at the company for the last 5 years (2 months shy of 6!) has been running the company blog.
If you’ve read the HIPBlog over the last 5 years, it’s likely that you read words I wrote, rewrote, or edited.
2. What’s your favorite thing about working at HIPB2B?
I appreciate the way HIPB2B has let me change over the last 5 years. I have changed myself and my identity several times over the course of working at HIPB2B. No one expects me to show up the way they left me, which is something I appreciate. It has allowed me to become more and more authentic in both my personal and professional life.
3. What’s one thing you’ve learned from working at HIPB2B?
I’ve learned just about everything I know about marketing, B2B, and copywriting from working at HIPB2B. I arrived as a fresh-faced college graduate with a journalism degree. I leave HIPB2B as a confident marketer and copywriter.
4. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t working?
I love to road trip, hike, hula hoop, and make all sorts of art.
5. What’s one good memory from during the pandemic?
One of my favorite memories from the pandemic was finally leaving my house to a swimming hole for the first time since pre-pandemic.
6. What’s something you’re most looking forward to in a post-COVID world?
Traveling without stress!
7. Your Top 5 desert island books/movies/TV shows/podcasts
- The Duncan Trussell Family Hour (podcast)
- Against Everything With Connor Habib (podcast)
- His Dark Materials (Book series)
- Any book by Paulo Coehlo
- Paper Towns by John Green (Book)
8. What is something people don’t know about you?
Most of the things people don’t know about me aren’t appropriate to reveal here. But, I can and will sit down and read an entire book in a single sitting.
9. What is one accomplishment in your life that you’re proud of?
I am proud of having performed with fire in a snow storm at a building in the center of the capitol of New York
10. What’s your hidden talent?
Most of my talents are very much public, but I cook really well.
11. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I am currently interested in learning practical skills like carpentry, real estate, and cryptocurrency.
12. PC or Mac? iPhone or Android?
I don’t have strong opinions on this. I like doing my creative work on a Mac and I have an android cell phone.
13. What’s one project you’re working on, personally or professionally?
I’m working on a floral parasol and also a poem which will accompany a hula hoop act.
14. What’s on your bucket list?
Skydiving and riding in a hot air balloon.
15. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A quiet piece of land in the middle of the woods near a lake or river. Bonus points if there is already a building on it.
16. What will you miss about working at HIPB2B?
I will miss the coworkers and company that have let me become myself. I came of age in the time I’ve worked at HIPB2B and in that time I’ve gotten more authentic and true to myself. I’ll be forever grateful for the flexibility I’ve been afforded at HIPB2B to grow into and be myself.
Also published on Medium.