Steve Polomaine, Senior Operations Analyst
This week’s employee spotlight is on our Senior Operations Analyst, Steve Polomaine.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
I am a Senior Operations Analyst. I have been with HIPB2B for nearly 5 years at this point.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
I really enjoy the close-knit, team-like atmosphere across the whole of the company.
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
Do not be afraid to ask questions and to think outside of the box.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
Currently, I have been very focused on gardening, spending time outside with my wife and my dog. Getting out into nature as much as possible.
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
We live near a large school campus and with the schools largely remote last year, the soccer and softball fields were empty and unused. They are all fenced in as well, so it was a blast to take our dog into that area, let him off his leash and watch him have a ball on what we’ve dubbed “freedom runs.”
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
I hope that the time spent isolated from others, stuck behind screens and the dissatisfaction that came with that causes us as a civilization to rethink the role all things digital plays in our lives, for better or worse. I hope we are moving toward a future of more meaningful human connection and cooperation and that we take time to re-evaluate our priorities.
7. TOP 5 DESERT ISLAND BOOKS/MOVIES/TV SHOWS/PODCASTS ETC.
The Other Guys – highly underrated comedy starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
True Detective: Season 1
Joe Rogan Experience podcast – not every episode is for me, but with over 1600 episodes, there is something for everyone
Dave Smith’s Part of the Problem podcast
8. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I once authored a short play that my wife’s theater collective performed.
9. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
My Father and I built two stand-up paddleboards out of cedar strips. It was months’ worth of work, a lot of trial and error, but well worth it. Was also great to spend time with him.
10. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
I’m halfway decent at playing guitar.
11. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I would love to learn how to fly a plane. Maybe create my own cryptocurrency.
12. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
I used to feel pretty strongly about this, was always PC and Android. I am definitely not a fan of Apple. Since Android isn’t nearly as open-source as it used to be I can’t say I’m that big of a fan of them anymore.
13. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
I am currently in the process of remodeling my kitchen and building a greenhouse to grow vegetables in the winter.
14. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
I would love to see the fjords in Norway.
15. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Ford Mustang Boss 429.
Bonus: If you could meet any person, living or dead, who would it be?