Zach Klinger, VP of Revenue Operations
This week’s employee spotlight is on our VP of Revenue Operations, Zach Klinger.
1. WHAT’S YOUR ROLE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HIPB2B?
My job at HIPB2B is the VP of Revenue Operations. I’ve been with HIP for a bit over 7 years.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT HIPB2B?
My co-workers, the laid-back company culture, and flexibility.
3. WHAT’S ONE THING YOU’VE LEARNED FROM WORKING AT HIPB2B?
A few learnings would be time management, emotional intelligence, marketing/data management/go-to-market strategies, and some other solid technical items. I’ve learned some new cities and met some new friends via traveling.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU AREN’T WORKING?
Time with my son, Declan. Watching the Yankees, Nets, or almost any sporting event. Baseball cards.
5. WHAT’S ONE GOOD MEMORY FROM DURING THE PANDEMIC?
Having our company not miss a beat and achieve record numbers, while all staying safe.
6. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN A POST-COVID WORLD?
A return to normalcy and traveling to see my college buddies.
7. TOP 5 DESERT ISLAND BOOKS/MOVIES/TV SHOWS/PODCASTS ETC.
Anything Kurt Vonnegut. The Shawshank Redemption. South Park. The Office. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
8. WHAT IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I’m actually pretty introverted despite being “front and center” for lots of things.
9. WHAT IS ONE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU’RE PROUD OF?
4-way tie: My son, my relationships with my parents, my education (Go Bombers), and my job.
10. WHAT’S YOUR HIDDEN TALENT?
I’m a repository of useless facts/trivia/knowledge. Have an uncanny ability to remember random things.
11. IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Definitely would have to be how to do a VLOOKUP. (Boy, I hope my Ops Team appreciates that one). I’d also like to learn how to cook better.
12. PC OR MAC? IPHONE OR ANDROID?
PC guy, but also interestingly an iPhone guy.
13. WHAT’S ONE PROJECT YOU’RE WORKING ON, PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY?
Every day is its own project. Personally, a move soon. Professionally, wrapping 2021 and preparing for 2022.
14. WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
See the pyramids in Egypt. Have a beer with Guy Fieri. Go back to Alaska – but fish this time. Check out Machu Picchu.
15. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Probably nothing. I don’t think that it would change my everyday life. Important to continue to be who you are. I’m sure there would be a couple of indulgences here and there, but nothing imminent.
Bonus: What is your favorite food?
Tie between sushi and authentic Mexican.