Email is far from a new marketing channel. It has been the default form of communication in business for the better part of 50 years. Compared to other channels, email has arguably changed little in this time.
You might expect that this has given marketers plenty of time to optimize their email processes. This week’s infographic offers some evidence that we still have room to grow. The infographic, which comes to us from GetResponse, provides 11 best practices for email marketers to adopt. It also provides a set of statistics indicating that most marketers haven’t adopted these habits yet.
A few of the most interesting statistics from the infographic include
- Only 4% of email marketers send reactivation campaigns
- 27% of email marketers use one or two basic templates, not mobile-optimized
- Only 23% of marketers have integrated their websites and email to track everything that happens after the click
- A mere 24% of marketers track subscriber activity and value over time
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you already have any of these habits?
- Which do you think is the most important to pick up?
- Would you add anything to this list?