We’ve all sat staring at a blank screen – a document, illustration, or code snippet that just wouldn’t come together. As marketers, we’re asked to apply our creativity on a daily basis. Naturally, this is challenging at times, even for the most imaginative people.
Everyone has their own ways of breaking through creative blocks. Some people like to take a walk. Others like to talk it over with friends. Still others turn to some thought-provoking music. But what about when all that fails?
This week’s infographic, which comes to us from Entrepreneur, puts forward twenty-one tactics to spark creativity. This ranges from simple individual activities, like daydreaming and doodling, to more involved steps like unplugging for a day.
Some of the more impactful recommendations include
- Question everything. Test and improve
- Write it down. Track your brainstorms.
- Look outside your industry. Learn what others can teach.
- Reset goals. What do you really want?
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- How do you get through a creative block?
- Have you used any of the tips in the infographic?
- Do you have any tips to add?