It’s safe to say that email isn’t the new or the trendy marketing channel. In fact, email is rapidly approaching its 45th birthday. Email is a long-established channel. As a result, there’s simply not the uncharted territory – and, for some marketers, excitement – of a newer channel, like SnapChat.
That’s not to say that email doesn’t get results. It’s quite the opposite, actually. Email is arguably the dollar-for-dollar most effective marketing channel. Email is near-ubiquitous, cost-effective, and versatile. Like it or not, most marketing efforts will lead back to an email address at some point.
All of this means email is an important channel for your brand to get right. This Friday’s infographic, which comes to us from AfterOffers.com, details 37 meaningful email marketing statistics. The information covers topics ranging from email utilization to personalization to email conversion rates and ROI.
Some key points from this week’s infographic include:
- 92% of online adults use email and 61% use it daily
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter
- A message is 5 times more likely to be seen in email compared to Facebook post
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented email campaigns
- Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Is email marketing central to your marketing efforts?
- How effective would you rate your email marketing?
- Do you use email for both inbound and outbound marketing?