Since the early 2000s, when triggered emails became an option, autoresponders have opened a whole new set of options for marketers. Today, automated responses have become an expectation after a purchase, download, or subscription.
Autoresponders and other forms of automated emails are powerful tools. No matter when the conversion happens, automated emails will be delivered at the appropriate time – day, night, weekday, weekend, or holiday. Once running, an automated email with continue to do its job indefinitely, providing a consistent and personalized experience for all who engage. Not only did this allow marketers send more relevant emails, it did so while saving them a considerable amount of day-to-day activity.
This week’s infographic provides eight proven ways marketers can put autoresponders to work. The infographic comes to us from email provider, Freshmail. In addition to the eight strategies, the infographic provides tips and a short explanation of each.
A few key points from the infographic include:
- For products with longer sales cycles, autoresponders allow you to send a predetermined series of messages to nurture leads toward a purchase.
- Autoresponders can support sales by sending incentives to those who dropped out at some point in the funnel
- Companies can also use autoresponders to deliver product-related tips and advice to help promote long-term customer relationships
Let us know what you think:
- Do you use a marketing automation system?
- Do you send automated emails?
- Have you noticed a difference in performance between automated and manual emails?