Engaging in social media marketing is essential for new business. It is a platform for sharing content, connecting with your audience, and providing insight on your brand for prospective customers. However, there are many mistakes that can be made by marketers in their efforts to utilize this important marketing tool to the fullest. And often they are made by new and inexperienced marketers or business owners.
Plenty of resources are available to social media marketers offering advice, tips, and hints to success. And many new marketers starting out with social media seek to incorporate all of this advice into their strategy at once, often resulting in an oversaturated, unprofessional outcome. Whether it is oversharing, lack of an actual strategy, or providing irrelevant information, simple mistakes are made by marketers that should be avoided.
This infographic, provided by Digital Marketing Philippines, provides a concise list of the basic social media marketing mistakes one should avoid. Evaluate your own strategy and be sure you are not making any of the following errors.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Making a good first impression on social media is extra crucial for newcomers to the digital marketing industry.
- Social media accounts with just a couple of posts from months or years back communicates disorganization to customers.
- Aim to build genuine customer relationships, rather than focusing on follower numbers.
- Strive to share posts consistently and regularly.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Have you made any of these mistakes?
- What did you learn from this infographic?
- Is there anything you would add to this list?