Leads are undoubtedly a widely important piece of the sales and marketing puzzle. They are the key to customers and, ultimately, profit. Unfortunately, however, not all leads end up converting. And it can be difficult to determine exactly which leads will in fact become customers, and which will be valueless to you and your company.
That being said, all leads need to be helped through the buying process in some capacity. It is your job as a marketer to determine what it is that your lead needs in order to facilitate successful conversion, and lower the number of fruitless leads. Various methods of follow-up and lead nurture are vital to this process. Without appropriate follow-up, your company is no longer top of mind and the chances of conversion are significantly lowered. Lead follow-up is therefore a necessity.
This week’s infographic, provided by MarketBridge, describes best practice approaches to the process of lead follow-up. The following strategies can be implemented to promote conversion across a variety of leads. Incorporating these follow-up methods into your strategy will improve the efficiency of interactions and produce successful results.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Big data can help you identify leads that are likely to convert.
- Waiting just 5 minutes to respond can reduce the likelihood of lead conversion by up to a factor of 10.
- Offering free information will make leads more likely to return.
- Leads are more likely to convert when you are readily available.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you utilize any of these follow-up methods?
- Would you add anything to the list?
- What did you learn?