Most people think of content marketing as a modern phenomenon. But as it turns out, promoting your product with high-quality content not a new idea at all. Content marketing as we know it dates back more than a hundred years and, arguably, other examples far earlier than that.
This week’s infographic takes you through the history of content marketing in Back to the Future style (flux capacitor not provided). From cave painting to the personalized content experiences of 2017, the infographic hits all the major events on the content marketing timeline. It comes to us from Uberflip.
Some of the most interesting events include:
- John Deer’s consumer magazine “The Furrow”
- Seth Godin and the birth of the ebook
- The Blendtec’s “Will it Blend?” videos
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you agree with all of the events on the timeline?
- Did they leave anything out?
- What do you expect to be the next major content marketing event?