A company’s blog is an important vehicle for demonstrating proficiency and credibility. Creation of original content that provides valuable information to customers and potential customers is a becoming a customary business practice as the content marketing trend continues to grow. The task becomes crafting content that attracts and maintains your reader’s attention, while effectively driving your message.
Successful content creation goes beyond just a compelling topic and well written post. It involves a number of structural elements that, when used correctly, can make your content far more appealing to readers. As listed in the infographic below, this includes components such as a strong headline, visual assets, and social sharing elements. In fact, a headline alone can vary traffic by as much as 500%.
Today’s infographic, provided by Salesforce, provides a complete guide for crafting a share worthy blog post. From headlines to subheads to your CTA, every element of your post is important. And understanding how to optimize each of these elements is your key to blogging success.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- People only read 28% of the words on a page during the average page visit.
- Every new section of a post should include a subhead.
- The ideal length of a blog post is 1600 words.
- Photos are remembered 6 times easier than text.
Let us know what you think:
- What did you learn from this infographic?
- Would you add anything to this list?
- What information did you find most valuable?