In reading up on social media strategies online, you’ll probably find that much of the information is tailored for B2C. Which may seem fitting- B2C companies are often the first that come to mind when you consider brands that are killing it on social media. But it is important to know that social media can be highly successful for B2B companies as well. It just requires a few modifications.
The key to B2B social media is the ability to strategically target your industry’s particular audience. Your goals should not necessarily be focused on a establishing an immense following as a B2C company’s would. Rather, B2B social media goals should focus on voice, traffic, leads and conversions in order to establish a highly targeted following.
Today’s infographic, created by SproutSocial, details the major differences that exist between B2C and B2B social media. Read on to find out which tactics are necessary to incorporate a successful B2B social media strategy.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- LinkedIn is the No.1 B2B social media platform.
- 83% of B2B marketers use Twitter as a major social platform.
- Use a conversational tone when talking about your company on social media.
- Talk about other areas of your industry that could relate to a broader audience.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Which social platforms does your B2B company use?
- What information from this infographic did you find most useful?
- Do you have any questions?