As discussed in last week’s infographic post, the rise of content marketing is far from over. It has become both a powerful and prevalent marketing force in recent years and continues to grow. The interesting part is that marketers have always been producing content. The difference with content marketing lies within the channels by which the information is communicated.
In traditional marketing, content may come in the form of a brochure, trade magazine, television ad, etc. Content in these formats however can take months to create and share across audiences. But with content marketing, your written content can be distributed within minutes to millions of people online. This is the driving force behind the content marketing revolution.
This week’s infographic, provided by Tamba, outlines the current state of content marketing through a compelling collection of statistics that justify increased efforts and expense on content marketing strategies.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- 70% of B2B marketers are creating more content than they did one year ago.
- The top 2 most outsourced content marketing activities are writing and design.
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful.
- 64% of companies with a documented content strategy have a dedicated content marketing budget.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Does your company have a documented content marketing strategy?
- What statistic did you find most impressive?
- Do you have any questions?