Content marketing is competitive. And if you want your content to appear on page one rankings and earn hundreds of social shares, it needs to be better than the competition. But what is the best strategy for getting your content out there?
Some believe backlinking should be the answer for improving your site. However there are plenty that would disagree. It’s true that backlinking will most likely get greater rankings in the short run. But it is creating better content that will always win in the long run. When your content is better than the competition, you’ll earn links greater than what you could manipulate manually.
Today’s infographic, created by Siege Media, looks at ways in which marketers can go about creating content that is superior to that of their competitors, and ultimately rank better.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- URLs ranking #1 have 50 characters on average.
- Interactive content converts 2x better than static content.
- High quality images get 121% more shares.
- Content ranking #1 has a bulleted list 7% of the time.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you believe in the power of backlinking?
- Which strategies mentioned do you find most useful?
- What would you add to this list?