Compelling headlines are a critical component of successful content marketing. They are the first impression made upon your audience and often the deciding factor for choosing to read your content or not. It has been said by some of the best copywriters that half the entire time spent on writing a piece of content should be designated to creating the headline.
That being said, many marketers neglect to take the necessary time for crafting compelling headlines and titles. And though this task can appear cumbersome, it is absolutely worth the time and effort. An attention-grabbing headline will do wonders for your click-through rate, which in turn will attract website traffic and lead to increased leads, sales, and conversions.
Today’s infographic, provided by Hubspot and Market Domination Media, discusses the components that make up a great headline. From what words should be used to increase engagement, to the best title lengths for social, search, and click through rates, this infographic will help create your next headline for engaging your audience.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Including “who” in the headline increases CTR 22%.
- 117 characters or fewer is best for social.
- The word “now” in the headline decreased engagement 71%.
- Including backtracked clarification increased conversion 112%
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- How much time do you spend on headlines and titles?
- What did you learn from this infographic?
- Do you plan to change your strategy for creating headlines?