A lot goes into every piece of content – and much of this work is done outside of the writing and design of the asset. Conceptualization, planning, distribution, and measurement all play an important role in the creation of a piece of content.
It can be difficult convey the importance of groundwork and follow-up to executives and others who are unfamiliar with the content creation process. Though these activities take time, they also ensure your content is aligned with your strategy and optimized for conversion.
This week’s infographic lays out the content creation process from start to finish. The infographic covers everything from pre-planning to measuring and audits. It comes to us from Vertical Measures.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Don’t over design or write – express information concisely
- 91% of B2B marketers use social media for content marketing
- Videos on landing pages increase conversion by 86%
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Have you documented your content creation process?
- How does the process in the infographic differ from your process?
- Would you add/remove anything from the infographic?