Traditional outbound marketing strategies continue to become less effective than content marketing for generating leads. We know this. However many marketers that are actively engaged in content marketing do not consider their strategy to be adequately effective. When creating content, it’s easy to get caught up in the processes of planning, writing and editing the post itself. But it is important not to lose sight the ultimate goal: getting readers to convert.
Driving your audience to conversion should seem like a straightforward objective. A key approach to ensuring your content accomplishes this task is sticking to the funnel. The funnel refers to all stages of the buying cycle, from awareness to conversion. Your content should provide guidance to buyers at every stage of the cycle, directing them in their purchase decision. This is just one of multiple strategies that can be used to lead readers toward conversion.
This week’s infographic, provided by Pure Chat, offers 11 tips for refocusing your content efforts in order to drive sales. Read on to improve the efficiency of your marketing strategy and better align content with sales objectives.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Establish trust first, then go for the sale.
- 30-50% of sales go to the vendor who responds first.
- Website visitors are 70% more likely to convert if they see retargeting ads.
- Leads often need 3 to 5 engagements with your brand before they are ready to buy.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Does your content align with sales objectives?
- What did you learn from this infographic?
- Are they any tips you would add to this list?