Visual storytelling has become a powerful content marketing tool for engaging audiences. As humans our brains are naturally attracted to both visual images, and information in the form of a narrative. So by combining both images and stories, visual storytelling is a homerun for audiences. It gains attention and furthers organization goals, without suffocating consumers with information or pressuring them to buy.
Customer attention is fleeting. In fact, the attention span of today’s consumer is lower than ever at just 8 seconds and, consequently, the competition is high for every second of attention. That is why incorporation of visual storytelling into your content marketing strategy is a must. Not only will it make your content stand out from the rest, but it will make your audience remember it longer. According to the infographic, content with words only had a recall rate of 10%, while content using both words and visuals had a recall rate of 65%. Quite a significant difference.
Today’s infographic, provided by Widen, introduces strategies for successful use of visual storytelling in marketing and provides management strategies for your content. Learn more about this powerful marketing tool and how it can benefit your organization.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Articles that contain images get 94% more views than articles without.
- Our brains interpret visuals in less than 1/10th of a second.
- Blogs that integrate video attract 300% more inbound links.
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you use visual storytelling in your marketing strategy?
- What did you learn that you did not know previously?
- What is your strategy for managing content?