Just because Emily Post’s first edition of Etiquette was released all the way back in 1922 doesn’t mean we should ignore etiquette in our modern lives. Etiquette is especially important in email marketing, where making a good impression on your audience is crucial.
This infographic from Skadeedle (now Vertical Response) covers the dos and don’ts of email marketing etiquette so your audience won’t turn up their noses and hit the “SPAM” button.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Remember there is a person on the other end of your email.
- Use short paragraphs.
- Don’t send your email before editing it.
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you follow this set of rules?
- Did we miss any email etiquette rules?
- Have you ever gotten negative feedback about your emails?