U.S. companies send an average of 1.47 million emails every month, 59 percent of which are marketing emails. Email marketing is certainly an effective means of reaching customers, as well as an excellent lead generation tactic. And with the number of email accounts expected to reach 5.2 billion by the end of 2018, it is clear that the future of email marketing is also bright.
Email is quickly becoming the preferred method of communication between businesses due to its convenience and direct nature. Consequently, it has a higher conversation rate compared to social and direct mail. In fact, the majority of marketers consider email to be core to their business, and plan to increase their email marketing budgets during 2015.
That being said, it is important to stay informed when it comes to current email marketing trends and figures in order to be more effective. This week’s infographic, which comes from Invesp, provides valuable email marketing statistics that can be used to productively improve email marketing efforts.
Key points from this infographic include:
- 88% of B2B marketers consider email the most effective lead generation tactic.
- Mobile clicks account for almost 40% of all email clicks.
- 20% of marketers say their primary source of revenue is linked to email operations.
- Email is 40 times more successful at acquiring new clients than Facebook or Twitter.
Click to View Larger View.
Let us know what you think:
• What facts did you find most valuable?
• Did you find any of the statistics presented surprising?
• How do you plan to improve email marketing tactics?