Websites are a necessity for businesses small, large, and everything in between. And yet more than half of all small businesses do not have a website. Considering the fact that building an effective website is not very expensive, there is no excuse not to have one. Most consumers begin their search for a product or service online. So without a website, they’ll almost never find you.
A website for small business is the foundation of all marketing efforts. It is a way to show your customers and potential customers the ways you are different (and better) than the competition. It’s also a great way to engage and educate customers. Whether it be through a blog or even just a feed on your website, communication with your audience is key.
Today’s infographic, provided by 99MediaLab, details 50 essential features of every small business website. From the best design factors to SEO tips, read on to see if your site measures up.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Make your domain name easy for visitors to remember.
- Consider showing the most important and differentiating point of your business in a slider.
- Video testimonials are highly influential.
- Avoid background music if possible.
Let us know what you think:
- How does your website measure up?
- Do you agree that all small businesses should have a website?
- What information did you find most valuable?