Trade events can be intimidating. They’re a big investment – particularly if you’re sponsoring and/or exhibiting. High expectations are sure to come along with the price tag of these events.
Significant expectations for trade shows are far from unfounded, though. Industry events provide an increasingly rare opportunity for face-to-face networking. They boast hundreds, if not thousands, of targeted professionals. Not to mention, events offer great opportunities to build authority and brand recognition.
This week’s infographic, which comes to us from Pipeliner, offers tips to get the most from trade shows and exhibitions. It offers seven straightforward steps that any organization can apply to their event marketing efforts.
A few of the most important points from the infographic include:
- Have a lead generation plan going into the event
- Carefully consider the imagery/messaging of your display and other materials
- Build credibility and authority by doing a presentation or seminar
Let us know what you think:
- How many trade events do you attend each year?
- At how many of these trade events do you sponsor/exhibit?
- Do you get significant ROI from your event participation?
A great infographic, giving clear advice on how to get leads. As you touched on, attending an even is an investment so making sure you have a plan and goals before booking is key, you need to know what you want to achieve from the event and who you want to speak. Doing research to find the decision maker of a business can also help, allowing you to use your time wisely.