As this year’s Thanksgiving holiday approached, many business owners were looking past Turkey Day to the commercial heyday immediately following it. Black Friday – and it’s cousin Cyber Monday – are huge events for businesses. But how did these days come to be synonymous with commerce? And how can small businesses take advantage?
This special Black Friday infographic answers these questions. It comes to us from When I Work. The infographic goes through the history of Black Friday, shares some trends related to the holiday, and gives tips for businesses to capitalize.
A few key pieces from the infographic include
- Online sales are expected to grow 8% to 11% over last holiday season
- In 2013 Cyber Monday sales continued to grow, grossing $2.29 billion
- Store hours and sales have continued to move into the evening of Thanksgiving, leading to the term “Gray Thursday”
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Does your company have special deals for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
- How does seasonality affect your industry?
- Do you have a particularly important annual business day or days?