Marketers tend to focus on the initial conversion. Of course, optimizing lead acquisition is important, but it’s only half the battle. Lead nurture is what determines if leads become opportunities and, ultimately, sales.
Lead nurture is only as strong the lead scoring system behind it. A concrete methodology that’s agreed upon between Marketing and Sales is critical to the success of the overall efforts.
This week’s infographic explains the ins and outs of building a lead scoring program. It comes to us from SnapApp. The infographic explains the value of lead scoring, covers lead scoring indicators, and even offers a sample lead scoring hierarchy.
A few interesting statistics from this infographic include
- 44% of marketers are doing lead scoring
- 68% of top marketers cite lead scoring for improving revenue contributions
- Industry estimates show data decays at a rate of 25% to 30% per year
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you have a lead scoring program?
- Is your system successful?
- What improvements could you make?