Every company holds meetings. Every employee attends meetings, probably several times every week. Most of us dread to see them coming up on the calendar. Are all these meetings really necessary?
While meetings may not be everyone’s favorite activity, they are an important part of running a business. Effective meetings play an important role in keeping managers up-to-date, teams coordinated, and goals on track.
The operative word in the above is “effective.” Most meetings don’t meet that bar. Frustrations stem from disorganization, excessive agendas, and lack of follow-through.
This week’s infographic, which comes to us from The Business Backer by way of MarketingProfs, tells you everything you need to revamp your meetings and make them effective. The infographic includes a nine-point guide to make sure your meetings actually get things done.
A few of the most important meeting tips from the infographic include:
- Identify leaders for each meeting item.
- Prioritize topics into “essential” and “additional” items
- End with a discussion of highs and lows of the meeting
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- On average, how many meetings do you have per week?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how effective are your meetings?
- Do you plan to employ any of the tips in the infographic?