When discussing content marketing, it would be negligent to not also include its counterpart: sales. Indeed, sales and marketing work hand in hand within the framework of content effectively speaking to your particular audience. Visitors who consume your content are much more likely to buy from you.
And because the primary goal of content marketing is lead generation, it is imperative that sales teams are involved in the content that is produced. Content can be used by salespeople to personalize their approach with prospects and ultimately move them smoothly through the sales funnel.
This week’s infographic, created by Salesforce, illustrates the need for integration of both sales and marketing teams when it comes to content marketing.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Consumers engage with 11.4 pieces of content, on average, before making a purchase.
- 78.6% of salespeople using social media to sell outperformed those who weren’t using social media.
- Employees are your most powerful, cost effective content distribution channel.
- 70% of consumers prefer getting to know a company via articles over ads.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- How integrated are your sales and marketing teams when it comes to content marketing?
- What did you find most interesting from this infographic?
- Do you have any questions?