An email is a collection of simple elements: a from name, a subject line, headlines, images, and copy. With discrepancies between different email clients and limitations imposed by email service providers, working these elements together into an optimal message is much more complicated.
This week’s infographic, which comes to us from Newzful, covers the information you need to know to create optimal marketing emails. It outlines the elements of a typical message, describes the right content, and offers a final checklist to make sure your email is ready to send.
A few key points from the infographic include
- The preheader is your chance for a “quick pitch.”
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short and easy to read in email copy.
- Email content should be defined by your audience needs – ensure it’s helpful and valuable.
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- What element of an email message is most important?
- What element do you spend the most time working on?
- How do you tailor emails to your audience?