Content marketers are well aware of the importance of social media in content distribution. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+ are recognized staples for B2C and, to a lesser extent, B2B. Often forgotten are the legions of highly-productive smaller or niche social networks. Foremost among these is SlideShare.
SlideShare boasts a significant user base, comprised of an impressive portion of business owners and professionals. SlideShare is also somewhat unique due to its repurpose-friendly nature and compatibility with other networks.
Today’s infographic was designed by Colum Five. It discusses metrics and best practices related to SlideShare’s utilization in content marketing.
Some key points from the infographic include:
- SlideShare gets 60 million visitors a month and 3 billion slide views a month
- SlideShare has 5 times the traffic from business owners compared to other popular social media sites, including LinkedIn
- SlideShares gains traffic from organic search, social networks, websites, and other SlideShares
Let us know what you think:
- Have you ever used SlideShare as part of your content marketing efforts?
- What kind of outcomes have you gotten using SlideShare?
- How could you make use (or further use) of SlideShare in your content marketing?