If your website’s page load speed takes as long as reading this sentence, you run the risk of losing up to 40% of your visitors. Evaluating the speed of your website ranks in importance at the same level as content and site functionality. It is a critical component of your online engagement success; or in the case of a slow site, failure.
Beyond the bounce rate, which increases with each fraction of a second that passes upon visitors’ arrival at your site, Google takes a similarly detrimental view of slow site and imposes penalties. Therefore, taking the time to evaluate and address the factors that impact the speed of your speed, is time well spent. Because your visitors assuredly will not take the time to wait.
This week’s infographic, created by Hosting Facts, offers facts on the importance of website speed, and the information your organization needs to optimize your site.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- 40% of all visitors will bounce if your page takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A second delay in page response decreases your customer satisfaction by 16%.
- 14% of your visitors will go somewhere else if your site is slow.
- 50% of visitors say they won’t be loyal to websites that take too long to load.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- How important is website speed to your organization?
- Did you learn anything new from this infographic?
- Do you have any remaining questions?