The ability to track the results of your social efforts is crucial. Like all aspects of business, social media must be measured in order to capitalize on successes, minimize mistakes, and use resources to the fullest potential. The return on investment for social media will increase over time as you continue to expand your reach and authority. Therefore it is important to continuously adjust your social goals, and means of measuring your efforts for achieving them.
Whether it be net likes on Facebook or follower growth on Twitter, each social media network you use has its own important data to monitor. The key is to be sure that the metrics you use are directly aligned with your goals and objectives. For determining said objectives, the following infographic suggests using the SMART methodology- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timed. This aids in setting appropriate goals for your campaigns, then tracking, analyzing, and making changes to your strategy as necessary.
This week’s infographic, provided by Salesforce, looks at the impact social media and best practices for social media measurement. A successful social media strategy will undoubtedly help your business grow. But it takes time, effort and the right tools to do so.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Social campaigns must be measurable in order to successfully grow.
- Your objectives should be directly aligned with your metrics.
- Internal analytics and third party tools are sources for valuable metrics.
- Regularly meet with your social media team to review metrics.
Let us know what you think:
- What is your strategy for social media measurement?
- Have you used the SMART methodology for determining objectives?
- What did you find most helpful in this infographic?