Content marketing is a lot like a puzzle. It’s made up of a lot of little pieces that aren’t all that impressive on their own, but when you assemble everything correctly, you look like a genius. The metaphor doesn’t end there. As is the case with puzzles, content marketing comes in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and complexities; the expensive ones are the most difficult, but most rewarding; and putting it together is different every time.
As puzzling as content marketing can be, it becomes much easier with the proper strategy. Strategy is what allows you to put the pieces together. This alignment of activities is what separates successful and unsuccessful content marketing.
Today’s infographic provides a step-by-step guide for assembling your content marketing puzzle, starting with basic strategy and moving on to prioritization of content and measurement. The infographic comes to us from Infusionsoft.
Important points from this week’s infographic include:
- Step 1 is finding your customers’ needs
- The “sweet spot” is the intersection of your expertise and your customers’ needs
- Tie content to specific goals
- Promote intelligently – continue thinking in terms of your audience
- Measure everything – identify 2-3 metrics to quickly benchmark each effort
Let us know what you think:
- What are the core pieces of your content marketing?
- How do you prioritize content development?
- How do you plan an asset or a campaign?