Today, we celebrate Veterans Day – a time for those of us in the U.S. to honor and express gratitude toward our veterans. This year, Veteran’s Day comes at a particularly polarized time in the country, but that doesn’t mean its purpose should get lost in all the follow-up coverage and reaction.
To do our part, we’re going to look at some of the successes veterans have had in business. This week’s infographic, which comes to us from CreditDonkey, provides all sorts of facts about veteran-owned businesses in the United States. It includes information on the size and geographic location of veteran-owned businesses, as well as industries where they have a strong presence.
Some key facts from this infographic include
- 9% of all U.S. firms (about 2.45 million firms) are veteran owned
- Veteran-owned firms tend to be small businesses with 90.2% having less than 20 employees
- Mississippi has the highest percentage of sales attributed to veteran-owned firms at 6.3%
- Veteran-owned firms had the largest presence in the construction industry, accounting for 9.2% of sales in the industry as a whole
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you work for/work with any veteran-owned businesses?
- Does your business make any special considerations for veterans?
- In your opinion, what brands are most successful in supporting veterans?