There’s a lot of focus on lead generation in B2B marketing. Getting a steady stream of qualified leads is critical to keeping your sales team performing at maximum capacity.
While it’s certainly important, lead generation is only half the battle. New leads still need to be reviewed, contacted, and qualified before they’re passed to Sales. These lead management activities are just as important as getting the leads in the door.
So, what’s the best way for a company to follow-up with their leads? That is exactly the question this week’s infographic sets out to answer. The infographic comes from InsideSales and features data from the Harvard Business Review. It covers the optimal amount and timing of lead follow-up.
Some interesting points from the infographic include:
- When a lead asks to be contacted, responding within 5 minutes produced 9 times higher contact rates, compared to responding within 10 minutes.
- The best time to call leads is the very beginning and end of the day.
- Reps who made at least 6 call attempts had a 90% chance of making contact with a lead.
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- How do you follow up with your leads?
- Does Sales or Marketing handle lead follow-up?
- Which channels are most successful for your lead follow-up?