Content marketing is without a doubt on the rise. Companies are dedicating more time and resources to creating excellent content for their websites. Too often, however, there is a contrast between companies’ reasons for engaging in content marketing and their actual results.
The value of great content is not to be overlooked. It is the key to creating dialogue and building relationships. According to HubSpot’s State of Inbound 2014, marketing teams that are generating positive ROI prioritize content marketing initiatives far more than low performing marketing teams. On the other hand, content marketers often feel they lack the appropriate tools, budget, and strategies to really be successful.
So how can content marketers ensure their efforts are effective and expectations are realistic? Today’s infographic, provided by OneSpot, reveals some surprising “gaps” existing in content marketing and strategies for overcoming them.
Some notable points from the infographic include:
- The top 3 marketing initiatives of high performing teams are blogging, organic search, and content amplification.
- Only 1 in 5 readers will go beyond the headline to read written content in full.
- The right mix of paid, owned, and earned media for distribution is crucial.
- 57% of content marketers feel their greatest challenge is lack of time.
Let us know what you think:
- What do you find to be the greatest challenge in content marketing?
- How have you dealt with any of the issues presented?
- Do you agree with the proposed strategies for “closing the gaps”?