The popularity of social media has without a doubt increased exponentially in recent years. Having a presence on social media is now a necessity of modern day business, as it is a key agent for reaching audiences and promoting one’s brand. However there are still many individuals that are skeptical when it comes to the benefits of this rapidly growing channel.
With so many different social networks and platforms, it is understandable that a degree of skepticism exists surrounding the topic. In some instances, social media marketing is regarded as fleeting and unprofitable. However, according to the infographic below, Hubspot found 92% of marketers in 2014 claimed that social media marketing was important to their business. Additionally, 80% indicated their efforts increased traffic to their websites. Social media marketing is certainly valuable, and the promise of its presence long term is clear.
This infographic, provided by CJG Digital Marketing, highlights 8 major benefits of social media marketing. From generating leads to improving brand loyalty, social media has been proven advantageous to small business. Read on to learn how you can take advantage these benefits with your own social media marketing strategy.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- 97% of marketers now participate or have a significant presence in social media.
- Social media marketing can save as much as 80% of lead generation costs.
- Social media engagement tells people that your brand is active and legitimate.
- 75% of American consumers buying behavior is influenced by what they consume through social media.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- What did you learn from this infographic?
- Are there any benefits of social media marketing you would add to the list?
- What did you find most surprising?