Social media platforms have become an indispensable component of the marketing process. Twitter in particular is a unique and essential platform due to its wealth of available real time data, unmatched by any other social network. Becoming well versed with Twitter is an effective way to boost your company’s customer engagement and reach.
As discussed in the following infographic, hashtags are an integral component of Twitter marketing. Hashtags make it possible to search certain words within your tweets. Similar to the fact that keywords are important for improving your blog’s visibility, hashtags are important for increasing your Twitter visibility. Effective hashtags are those that engage with the audience you’re trying to reach.
This week’s infographic, provided by Salesforce, offers tips for becoming a Twitter marketing pro. Understanding how to properly utilize this social media marketing tool will expand the visibility and engagement of your business with your audience.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- There are approximately 6,000 tweets per second worldwide.
- You should spend 5 to 10 minutes every day cultivating your Twitter feed.
- You should not exceed 1 or 2 hashtags in tweets.
- Using hashtags can lead to 2x more engagement.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- Is Twitter a component of your organization’s marketing strategy?
- Did you learn anything from this infographic?
- What information did you find most valuable?