People are wired to absorb and understand visual content more effectively than words. Visuals make communication effective, while being easier for readers to digest. This in turns allows for greater views, clickthroughs, shares, and engagement from users with your content. In fact, 70% of marketers reported that they plan to increase visual assets in the year 2015 – quite a substantial statistic.
Visual content can come in many forms: photos, videos, infographics, graphs, etc. The key to being successful is to post visuals that are compelling, relevant, and properly formatted. That being said, it is important to understand how to craft visuals in this way while appropriately reaching your audience.
It is no question that visual content is essential to successful social media strategy. Today’s infographic, provided by HubSpot, explains the major types of visual content, the best tools for creating your own original visuals, and strategies for creating top of the line designs.
Key points from this infographic include:
- 63% of social media is made up of images.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without.
- The brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than it does text.
- Avoiding overused stock photos will improve effectivity of visual content
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- What tip did you find most helpful?
- Do you use any of the provided strategies?
- What is your greatest takeaway from this infographic?