Most marketers use marketing automation software every day. Whether it’s content download forms, blog newsletters, sharing on social media, or outbound email campaigns, marketing automation is at the core. It’s hard to believe this technology is hardly 20 years old.
Though the history of marketing automation is relatively short, it has been eventful. Within this time, new marketing channels came about, game-changing legislation was passed, and technology changed the way marketing was consumed. It’s no wonder that some marketers have struggled to keep up.
As this infographic will tell us, a majority of marketers aren’t using marketing automation to its full potential. The infographic, which comes to us from HubSpot, aims to help marketers better understand automation. It covers the past, present, and future of marketing automation, as well as the challenges to overcome.
A few key points from this infographic include
- On average, 25% of subscribers will unsubscribe annually
- Less than 25% of companies using marketing automation use it to its full potential
- By 2020, 85% of customers will manage their relationships without talking to a human
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do you use marketing automation?
- Do you consider marketing automation a good investment?
- What can be done to optimize marketing automation use?