An undeniable element of mystery exists within the practice of marketing. Marketers essentially communicate their message to the world with no guarantee it will be perceived properly by their audience- or received at all for that matter. Of course there are plenty of analytics and strategies that can be used to steer your message into the right direction. But even so, many marketers still struggle to overcome the challenge of lead capture.
Personally I found the infographic’s first major point, “Less than half of marketers are proving ROI on campaigns by measuring customer relationships” to be most surprising. Marketers need insight into the sales that close in order to optimize their strategies. So closing the gap between sales and marketing teams is critical.
This week’s infographic, created by Formstack, breaks down a survey of over 200 small and midsize U.S. businesses and nonprofits to get a good picture of the current lead capture landscape. Check out their findings below.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- Only 19% of marketers use sales CRM software to track their best leads.
- 78% of marketers use Google AdWords and social media advertising to get their messages to customers.
- Social media ranks 5th when it comes to driving the best leads.
- 40% of marketers report low conversion rates and poorly optimized pages as obstacles to reaching ROI goals.
[Click for Larger View]
Let us know what you think:
- What are your best lead capture strategies?
- Do you agree with the infographic’s main findings?
- What did you find most surprising?