There comes a point in every content marketer’s career, where they look back and say, “Man, I wish I had known that when I was first starting out.” (For some of us, this happens more than we’d like to admit.) Though many of these after-the-fact insights are specific to a particular industry or situation, there are some more widespread truths.
It prompts the question: If you were able to give every fledgling content marketer a single, one-sentence piece of advice, what would it be? There a lot of ways you could go. You could drive home the importance of content strategy, emphasize providing value, stress the need to understand your audience, or focus attention on measurement and reporting. All of these points are surely facets of successful content marketing, but how can you choose just one?
This is exactly the premise of today’s infographic. Curata asked their 2,700-member LinkedIn group the question: “In just one sentence, what is your best content marketing advice?” They then compiled the best answers into the following infographic. You’ll notice distinct themes of strategy and reporting among the chosen answers.
Some key points from the infographic include:
- Repurposing content is vital. 85% of leading content marketers actively reuse and repurpose content.
- 56% of leading business bloggers are hiring additional resources for content creation in the next 6 months
- The percentage of marketers effectively measuring content drops from 47% to 39% you progress from the top to the bottom of the funnel
Let us know what you think:
- What is your best one-sentence content marketing advice?
- Of the pieces of advice in the infographic, which is the most valuable?
- Of the pieces of advice in the infographic, which is the least valuable?