Virtual reality is still a fairly new technology. As early adopters have proven, there’s no shortage of interesting applications.
While many enthusiasts and entertainment companies have made the jump into virtual reality, marketers have been slower to adapt. VR is a versatile and powerful tool for marketers, even those at B2B companies.
This week’s infographic sets out to prove that virtual reality matters to marketers. It comes to us from Visualistan. The infographic offers insights and statistics on VR options, adoption, and effectiveness.
A few interesting points from the infographic include:
- In 2018, there will be an estimated 171,000,000 VR users
- VR ads had a 29.8% success rate, compared to 1.0% for mobile and 0.4% for desktop
- 53% of surveyed adults said they would buy from a brand that uses VR over a brand that doesn’t
Let us know what you think:
- Personally, have you ever used a VR device?
- Do you use virtual reality technology in your marketing efforts?
- Do you have any plans to further research or invest in VR?