Etiquette is something we often take for granted, whether it’s table manners or understanding how to communicate via email. Most people wouldn’t be able to document exactly what makes up good (or bad) etiquette, but we certainly know it when we see it.
Etiquette greatly influences how you are perceived by others – and that’s why it pays to get it right. While today’s infographic won’t help you at your next formal dinner, it will help with your next formal email. The infographic, which comes to us from The Business Backer, outlines a comprehensive list of do’s and don’ts for personal emails and email marketing.
A few interesting recommendations from the infographic include:
- DO state your purpose right away
- DON’T use too many acronyms
- DO use bullet points and numbered lists
- DO ask preemptive questions
[Click to Enlarge]
Let us know what you think:
- Do the majority of emails you receive follow these guidelines?
- Do the majority of emails you send follow these guidelines?
- Would you add any other do’s or don’ts?