Many posts on our blog are dedicated to the necessity of a social media presence as a small business. In today’s world, that fact is common knowledge. According to the infographic, 81% of small businesses currently use social media, and this number is growing. But simply utilizing available social platforms is becoming inadequate. The need for a defined target audience and strategically crafted objectives is vital to social media success.
Defining your audience can be accomplished on a variety of levels. This includes factors such as age, location, income, education, career, or interests. Identifying your audience improves the efficiency of your strategy, and helps determine your business’ goals. The importance of setting appropriate goals within your social media strategy can often be overlooked in the frenzy to be socially engaged. The infographic below offers the tried and true concept of SMART criteria- Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely- for setting such goals and ultimately measuring your online success.
This week’s infographic is provided by Sprout Social, and offers advice for small businesses in terms of social media strategy, including the need for both a defined target audience and SMART objectives. Read on to get the most out of your social media presence for your small business.
Some key points from this infographic include:
- 81% of consumers research online via social media before purchasing.
- The more specific your target audience, the better.
- Align your core networks with the preferences of your audience.
- 3 in 5 SMBs gain new customers as a result of social media.
Let us know what you think:
- What did you find most important?
- Is your social strategy aligned with your goals?
- What would you add to this infographic?